Update on life

So, I realized its been ages since I've posted a blog about me. I mean, all my blogs say a little something about what I've been up to, but I haven't really done much in the way of posting Toy Camera photos and what not. So, now's the time. Let's start where I left off last...coming home from Europe. I jumped immediately into my wedding season, (which probably has something to do with why I haven't done much personal blogging), but we managed to make it to Paris, TN for the World's Biggest Fish Fry! Paris is the hometown of my best friend, JoEllen:

In case you didn't know, JoEllen and I met on my very first day of college, and have been friends since. And amazingly, our grandparents were friends before we even met! Anyway, she recently was let go of her job, and what does she do about it? Go to Europe, of course. She is there right now, and doesn't come back until October 6, making her trip 8 weeks long. She has a blog, if you want to follow it: http://heyjobi.blogspot.com. I'm super proud of her for going all by herself, and who knows? Maybe she'll come back with a French lovah! Here we are in her mom's convertible when we visited back in April:

Moving on to May. It was my sister, Sara Elizabeth's 16th birthday. I'll admit, I feel a little older now that she's driving. I turned 24 this year, and this is the first year I've been ok with calling myself an "adult."

Fun fact: Joshy and I got married on Sara Elizabeth's 12th birthday, so after her birthday, we celebrated our 4th anniversary! Check out my dress I picked up in Germany:

Of course, May isn't complete with out a trip to the Renaissance Festival. If you've never been, you should really go atleast once. And get a turkey leg while you're there.

In July, Joshy and I made a quick trip to NC to visit his parents. We went bowling while we were there, but only after making a stop by Joel's, my favorite sushi restaurant in the whole state.


And of course, the biggest thing to happen to us this year (besides Europe)...we bought a house! I know, I know...you all want to see pictures of it, but I just don't want to post them just yet. We still have to get my piano moved over from Mom's, and the kitchen is getting painted soon. Until those two things happen, I can't hang anything on the walls, so I don't want to take pictures. I'll post them as soon as I can! Hopefully, some of Dad's football players can come move my piano next week.

We also made a mini trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas. I got to be a guest at a wedding for the first time in I don't know how long! It was refreshing. The wedding was that of Vincent and Alia; Vince and Joshy grew up together in NC. The wedding was incredible! It was at Garvan Gardens in the Anthony Chapel...what an amazing place.

Here's photo of JoEllen when I dropped her off at the airport a couple of weeks ago. She flew into Brussels, and has since made it from there to Amsterdam, Paris, and Barcelona. She was in Sevillia, Spain the last I heard from her. Its true...she could probably fit in that bag.

And now, for the next however many months, Joshy will be preoccupied with football. We were able to kick the season off in style with club level seats at the Titan's pre-season opener. I didn't have a clue what was going on. I just liked watching all the people.

SOOO, that's pretty much it. We're nice and settled in our house, aside from a few things of course, and its so nice to finally be out of apartments and out of Mom and Dad's! Next up for us is the horseshow, then that's about it until Thanksgiving. I'll try to do better about posting personal blogs, so I don't have to cover 5 months in one. Apparently, I have a little plug on my computer that allows me to take the memory card out of my Toy Camera and stick it directly into my laptop. Who knew?
-Jenna

No comments: