As they say...

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." I won't go into the gory details, but I will tell you this: the contents of my stomach are still there, that's for sure. Here's the scoop...

We arrived late Thursday, and Friday I spent the day at the Shootshop with Nate & Jacklyn Kaiser from The Image is Found. It was a fantastically informative session, and I'm feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the year. I met a lot of really cool folks from across the country, too. Unfortunately, whatever I ate at the wrap-up dinner they so graciously treated us to at PF Chang's gave me some sort of food poisoning. I spent the next 36 hours in the hotel room, and I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

Poor Joshy was stuck there with me. Is there some sort of "Awesome Husband Award" out there I can nominate him for? He stuck by me and my gross-ness the whole time, only leaving occasionally to get himself some food. Ugh, I wish I could take him back this weekend. First, he was left all alone while I did the workhop, then he had to deal with my sickness, and to make matters worse, he had to leave a day early to go back to work. Overall, it was kinda a sucky trip, honestly. We did manage to make it out of the room for a couple of hours on Sunday before he had to leave. Here are the handful of pictures I wound up with.

The first part of the workshop was a discussion/Q&A time with Nate & Jacklyn telling all their secrets.
P1020747b

Then we went out to a ditch for the shoot. I'll admit, as we were walking through the desert, I kinda wondered if we were going to wind up on an episode of CSI.
P1020760b

The last part, and probably my favorite, was the post processing. I was eager to hear about their workflow, and although it's pretty similar to mine, there are areas where I could improve.
P1020766b

Finally, a day and a half later, Joshy and I ventured out on the strip. Not far, mind you. I hadn't eaten anything and I was pretty weak.
P1020768cb

We did make it to a Denny's. It's kinda our thing. I had half a pancake. Joshy ate well, though.
P1020771cb

And finally, a quick trip to the aquarium at the Mandalay Bay.
P1020776cb

If we had been able to do what we wanted, we also would have seen the Bodies Exhibit, gone shopping at H&M, eaten a fancy date-night dinner, had a portrait session offered by one of my new friends from the Shootshop (score! except it didn't happen), and had some good old Las Vegas fun. Instead, my accomplishment for the day on Saturday was a bath. Boo. Oh well. We'll go there again another time.

No comments: