Boyfriend & Ladyfriend

I often say to Joshy, "Next time we get married, let's do such and such." Meaning, of course, that I have no intentions of getting married to anyone else, but rather what we would do should our wedding magically be in the future somehow. Chances are, we would probably do things differently, just because I get to see all kinds of great ideas for great weddings...and bad ones too. I know what works, what doesn't, and what's going to make stellar photos. Enter Hannah, my bride from last week. Hannah happens to be a wedding photographer.

First, let me say it is a ginormous compliment to be selected to photograph a wedding for a wedding photographer....and intimidating! But, it think it really kept me on my toes, and I'm proud of what I wound up with. Of course, a lot of that has to do with my subject. Hannah & John's wedding was perfectly detail-oriented, personal, funky, & fun...starting with the ceremony venue. It was literally an abandoned church with the doors and windows boarded up sitting on an empty street in Adams, Tenn.

Despite how that might sound, it actually turned out to be really quite awesome. Pretty much everything was DIY...boutineer, bouquets, "yay" flags, food, cake, center pieces...Hannah even made her own dress! Check it out for yourself.

JHB001b

JHB010b

I'm a BIG fan of Hannah's hairpiece.
JHB031b

JHB038b

Hannah said to me, "We make a lot of faces." She was right.
JHB056b

JHB063b

JHB068b

JHB073b

The bridespeople pretty much got to wear whatever they wanted.
JHB096b

"Backstreet's back, alright!"
JHB131b

JHB132b

JHB134b

JHB139b

Yes, that is a collection of abandoned satellite dishes.
JHB144b

JHB204b

Details, details, details. I love them.
BlogDetail2b

BlogDetail1b

JHB231b

JHB249b

Hannah just couldn't resist taking a few shots herself...
JHB255b

JHB257b

JHB264b

JHB270b

Yay!
JHB283b

The reception was held at the Customs House Museum in Clarksville, Tenn.
JHB304b

JHB306b

JHB310b

JHB336b

JHB344b

JHB364b

JHB377b

JHB383b

JHB385b

JHB410b

JHB416b

Thank you, random wedding guest, for holding my flash for this shot. It wouldn't have been the same without you.
JHB429b

So there you have it. I told you it was a mammoth post. John & Hannah, thanks for picking me! I hope you love your photos!

5 comments:

Jessica @ budgetsavvybride said...

i'm. in. love. with. this. wedding.

So fun and unique and you can tell it fits their personality which is perfect. :)

Anonymous said...

Hannah, IF, I ever get married again I want you to take pictures.

I have really enjoyed your shots and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Your new cousin,

Martha Fairchild

Molly said...

Wow, Jenna, these are amazing! Very cool wedding! The first part of your post made me wonder -- what parts of this wedding would you have used in your re-do? Or what parts made you think "no way would I do that in my re-do"?

Jenna Henderson said...

Molly-
In my pretend re-do, I would probably have done gray suits, more creative boutineers, and the birdcage headpiece like Hannah. I'd keep the same groom. ;)

eleanorgraceann said...

Wow! I'm not at all into the idea of marriage but that is a shit hot wedding and amazing photography!!!