The eyes have it

I've had a camera in my hand for a long time. I think one day, I just kind of decided that I wanted a "camera that clicked." So, I saved my money for a bit, and in the fall of 2000, I bought myself a clicky camera. And it clicked, on more than one level.

I made guinea pigs out of my sister and younger cousins. Here is a photo I took of my sister, Sara Elizabeth and my cousin, Tyler. The date on the back simply says '01. Sara E is about 8, and Tyler is in the area of 10 (depending on the time of year).

P1020925b

It, along with a few others from the same time period, hung in my old room in Wartrace, then in my dorm at some point when I was in college, and now they live in my mom's stairwell. I'll share the rest another time. This one you get to see today, because during Tyler's senior session, I re-created it. It's not exactly the same...for one, my subjects are a lot taller. Plus I also got them on the wrong side of the road. But, close enough:

TV65b

Hmmm....maybe I feel a new personal project percolating? Re-shooting the photos in the stairwell? We'll see. In the mean time, here are the rest from Tyler's senior session, along with a few other snapshots of the farm and family. Of course, Tyler is so handsome...good genes at work, naturally.

TV06b

TV18b

TV25b

TV40b

TV49b

TV55b

TV58b

Typical teenage Tyler.
TV60b

TV63b

My granddaddy, up to no good I'm sure, on the Gator.
TV71b

At some point in my life, I remember seeing a photo of Granddaddy and his baseball team, and I said, "Oh look, there's Tyler." The resemblance was uncanny. Not sure where that photo is now.
TV74b

G-dad & Tracy (Tyler's dad)
TV69b

And last, but not least, a quick pick of John, our youngest cousin, who was in town from Chattanooga for Easter.
TV81b

My next post will include another few pictures from a recent adventure with film. And my sister.

No comments: