High 5 for 5 years!

It's been 5 whole years since I wore a white dress and walked down the aisle to my red-headed Joshy. He was 19, I was barely 20. We had been dating a whopping total of 6 months.

Yes. 6 whole months. As cheesy as I know the words I'm about to type are going to sound, I'm typing anyway....I'm allowed a little cheese every now and again, right? After all, cheese is literally my middle name (Brie, to be specific...and so the cheese begins).

I remember the day I met Joshy very distinctly in my head. My friend Rachel and I had just wandered into the Bison room, a hang out place on Lipscomb's campus that is no longer there. She spotted a table full of people she knew, so we went over to chat. A couple of faces at the table looked a little familiar, and although I didn't really know any of the people sitting there, I stood and chatted away anyhow. Then, I cracked a lame joke, and suddenly, I could have heard a pin drop. Great, I thought. Way to embarrass yourself there. Then, from the crowd of silent faces, this warm, sing-songy laughter erupted. I looked down at the one it was coming from...a red headed boy with glasses who had possibly the prettiest smile I'd ever seen. (I told you: pure cheese.)

In that split second, it was like the world had disappeared around me a little. I blurted out something like, "You have a really nice smile." He blushed. And then it was over. Rachel and I had somewhere to be, so she snapped me out of my daze and we left. As she pulled me away, I looked back at him over my shoulder, saying to Rachel how cute he was.

Over the next couple of days, I looked for him around campus, but didn't ever see him. I thought his name was Josh, but I couldn't really remember. Later that week, I went back down to the Bison room to work, hoping I might run into him again. And there he was; he had come looking for me.

That was in November of 2004...we were engaged in January, and married on May 21, 2005.
wedding1
Photo by Gambill Photography

I'm trying to decide what to type...I'm not really sure I could explain with words how I feel about my Joshy. We finished growing up together, and he is so much a part of who I am. He's kinda perfect...he does laundry, all of our grocery shopping, vacuuming, & yard work. He's a personal heater to my cold hands & feet and a pillow in the bed at night. He remembers my favorite things, fixes my computer, and makes me want to be a better person. The past five years have been filled with us laughing, loving, traveling, moving, painting, crying, eating, cleaning, hoping, saving, spending, sleeping, snuggling, and living life. I can't wait to see what we do in the next 100 years.

To celebrate our anniversary, we stepped in front of the camera for a session with the fabulous Kristyn Hogan. Here are a few of my favorites of us just hanging out on the farm.
Henderson_080

Henderson_089

Henderson_099

Henderson_136

Henderson_144

Henderson_155

Henderson_150

1 comment:

Jessica Henderson said...

aww i just read this and teared up. So sweet.