It's a beautiful day!

It's such a lovely day for a wedding, don't you think? I'm heading out to CJ's Off the Square in Franklin this afternoon; I'll try to post a sneak peek of the newlyweds when I get home, but it may not happen until tomorrow!

I'm so thankful to be able to shoot at CJ's today. I'm not sure how many of you read my blog from out of state, but for those of you who do, you might not be aware of the massive flooding Nashville has experienced this week. It was devastating. The Harpeth River, one very near to CJ's, is usually 100 feet across, but swelled to an incredible 2,900 feet across. There were places underwater people never dreamed of being able to flood. Unfortunately, the national media has largely ignored this Middle Tennessee tragedy. Despite it all, in true Tennessean nature, the people of the communities have come together to help friends, neighbors, and strangers, and the city of Nashville is quickly getting back on its feet. For more info, I would highly suggest checking out Nashvillest.com; they seem to have all the info in one place, and make it easy to read. They also have ways to donate & volunteer, if you're interested.

In the mean time, here are a handful from my latest roll of film, including one from when Joshy and I stepped in front of the camera for a portrait session with Kristyn Hogan this past Wednesday. I asked her to grab a few with my film camera while we were at it. I haven't seen her digital pictures yet, but I'm really excited. I know Kristyn did a great job. Expect a post with those pictures (and a story about snakes and mud) in a couple of weeks. I also have a random few pictures I've snapped while out and about this week; the light has been phenomenal. I'm percolating a new fun film shoot in my head...I'll let you know how that turns out. Happy Saturday!

R1-19b

R1- 7b

R1-16b

R1- 5b

R1- 1b

1 comment:

Kristyn Hogan said...

Ooh, fun! Glad to know we got a keeper out of the bunch :) Thanks for laughing at me while I stared at the back of the camera after every shot :)

Love the ones you took of the farm!