Rumble of thunder

Luke and Jessica got married on the day that the great flood of 2010 came floating through middle Tennessee. It was wet. It was scary. I'll admit, I nearly had a panic attack while I was driving to the church and my mother, grandmother, and husband ALL called to tell me a low-level rotation was happening on Northfield Boulevard. And where was I headed? North Boulevard Church of Christ. I've seen Storm Chasers...I knew that the tornado sirens going off and the dark, low, cloud out the front of my windshield were bad. But I made it saftely to the church, as did Luke, Jessica, and all their family and friends. Despite the rains and winds and flood, their wedding was gorgeous and full of love. Jessica didn't let the weather shake her; in fact, when the doors opened for her to walk down the isle, this low, slow rumble of thunder began as an announcement of her arrival. It was pretty awesome. Did I mention how gorgeous they are? See for yourself.

Peek-a-boo!
LJP004b

LJP010b

Loved the gray dresses.
LJP044b

LJP048b

Handsome fellas. I've known some of the fellas in this crowd, including Luke, for a long, long time.
LJP076b

The rain actually stopped coming in sideways long enough for us to go outside. I still managed to get pretty drenched, somehow.
LJP087b

RINGS! BAM!
LJP095b

LJP113b

Doors open, cue the thunder.
LJP126b

LJP184b

LJP200b

LJP206b

LJP214b

LJP221b

I love the way she wrinkles her noes.
LJP228b

The lovely Park Place.
LJP236b

LJP239b

LJP244b

LJP248b

Love them.
LJP285b

LJP302b

That's Luke's mom Laura and my mom. They're pretty good pals.
LJP312b

LJP328b

My whole family was at this wedding, including my gorgeous sister.
LJP330b

LJP334b

Just so you know, Luke and Jess did make it out of BNA the next day for their honeymoon...just a little later than expected. I hear their luggage got out even later than they did, but it all worked out. So, congrats to the new Mr. & Mrs. Parham!

3 comments:

Molly said...

What's the background of the ring picture??? It's very cool.

Jenna Henderson said...

It was an industrial stainless steel countertop in the church's kitchen. My flash made all the texture of it show up.

chris said...

Love that Father/Daughter dance shot, so much fun!

It was great to meet you at CJ's last night, we had a blast laughing with you and your husband!

By the way, your work is fantastic!

chris.