Dustin & Heather, Together Forever

They are filming a TV ad for Jim Tracy on my grandparents' farm today. The whole process is very interesting. They've got a million people walking around, holding this, moving that. Sandbags everywhere. A make-up girl has taken over the kitchen table. It's hot, people are sweating, and for a good 30 minutes, no one was allowed to make a sound on the whole farm. I suppose this is what all filming is like...it's very much a hurry up and wait process. Makes me really appreciate the wedding day process. Weddings are always moving, always changing; they don't wait on me to get the shot. It's such a challenge to keep up with the pace of a wedding, and physically exhausting sometimes, but I love it. After today, I can tell you I much prefer the hustle pace of a wedding to the snail pace of filming. I suppose I'm just too impatient!

On a different note, here are a few photos from Dustin & Heather's wedding in Florence, AL. Did you know, according to GoogleMaps, there are 2 Macedonia Churches of Christ near Florence? It's true. And they're both off Hwy 20. Take a look:
map
Dustin and Heather got married at the one marked "A." Guess which one I drove to. I'll just tell you...I went to the one marked "B." I had already been on the road for close to 3 hours when I arrived at the wrong church. Lucky for me, I always plan to leave ridiculously early, and for this very reason. So, thanks to a quick call to a bridesmaid and my pretty solid sense of direction, I managed to make it to the correct church right on time. Heather was getting the final touches on her dress, and then we hit the ground running.

DHS005b

Dustin & Heather chose to see each other before the ceremony. This allowed us more than enough time to get some great shots of the two of them.
DHS039b

DHS040b

DHS045b

DHS053b

The groomsman standing second from the left is Stephen, one of my '09 grooms!
DHS090b

DHS105b

DHS142b

Gosh, Heather...stunning, much?
DHS150b

DHS159b

DHS183b

Heather and her dad before they walked down the aisle. Her dad also performed the ceremony.
DHS194b

DHS195b

DHS213b

DHS233b

LOVE the way this dress moves. This was the sneak peek I posted on my Facebook page. If you're not a fan, you're missing out.
DHS247b

DHS248b

DHS252b

DHS255b

DHS264b

And there is Kelly! 2 of my brides in one shot...I love it.
DHS292b

DHS296b

DHS305b

One of the groomsmen jokingly said I should shoot pictures on the playground. When I saw the merry-go-round, I couldn't resist this shot.
DHS311b

Dustin works for the Scooter Store, so naturally, they left on a scooter.
DHS320b

One last word from mom before they head out into the sunset.
DHS324b
Don't be suprised if you see Heather in the future. I have about decided we need to do a shoot on film, just because she is so stunning and that dress is so fun and flowy. I'll keep you posted...no pun intended. (Ok, maybe I did intend the pun. I like puns, ok?)

No comments: