Wedding at the Hermitage Hotel

For the most part, my wedding clients are local; they live in Middle Tennessee, and often, right here in Shelbyville. It's nice to have folks close by, so I can get to know them in the months leading up to their wedding. This wasn't the case for Nevin & Amy. They are both in the military, and while planning their wedding, they were stationed in -get this- Hawaii!! Hello! Can I suggest a change in your wedding location? Although Hawaii is no doubt a gorgeous place to get married, they wanted to get married in Nashville because their family is near by.

Unfortunately, they wound up with a location change anyway. The great flood of 2010 ruined their original venue choice of the General Jackson Showboat. I think the boat itself is fine....I mean, it's a boat...out of everything in Nashville, you would think it would be the one thing that survived a catastrophic event where the best advantage is to float, right? Anyway, thanks to whatever damage the flood left behind, a new location had to be found, and quickly! All while Nevin and Amy were planning from far away. Thankfully, the Hermitage Hotel was there to step in and give a home to this displaced wedding. And really, if you were forced to move your wedding, could you think of a better backup?

Turns out, their story made the news! In a rather triumphant moment of perfect timing, I went to hang out with JoEllen after the wedding, and when she asked me how my wedding went, I looked up and pointed because I was on the TV! The news was running the story that night, and I got to see myself in action a little. Click here for the video from WSMV.

And now, for pictures.
NAN004b

NAN007b

NAN008b

NAN012b

NAN018b

NAN026b

NAN030b

NAN033b

NAN048b

NAN072b

NAN085b

The Hermitage is located just across the street from Legislative Plaza in downtown Nashville, so we wandered over and got some great shots with the captial building in the background.
NAN101b

NAN113b

NAN148b

Can you tell what the rings are sitting on?
NAN163b

NAN164b

NAN169b

NAN201b

NAN211b

You shoot me, I shoot you. It's a fair cop.
NAN215b

Immediately after the wedding, the newlyweds and I took a few more moments for some pictures before the reception began.
NAN236b

NAN237b

NAN237b

NAN242b

NAN245b

NAN262b

NAN267b

Love this shot of them going into the reception.
NAN295b
Congrats to you both! Perhaps I'll be paying you a visit in Hawaii oneday!

No comments: