7 days of editing...

...means I have a TON to blog. After a crazy May/June, it has been nice to have some scheduled time off from shooting. I haven't picked up my camera in about a week, so I've managed to get a lot of editing done without adding more to my backlog. So, I'm going to try to catch up on posting a little. I've been inspired by Jasmine Star; she blogs everyday. I have decided to challenge myself to do the same. My blog has been good to me, and I want to be good to my blog. So, starting very soon, expect daily posts. There, I've said it. Now I have to do it!

I may not be able to start right away, however. Tomorrow afternoon I'm getting on a plane to Portland!! I'm going to spend a week with my long time best friend, Devon; she and her husband moved to Portland in January. It's going to be a great week...Devon's sister is there for the summer, and another friend of ours is going to be there at the same time, so the 4 of us are going on a mini road trip to Seattle and Vancouver. My passport has been sitting out on my desk for weeks so I wouldn't forget it! I'm pretty excited. I'm not packing my laptop, so I may not be able to blog as I go. I'll try!

Now, on to today's pictures: Grant & Leigh's classic Southern evening. Did you know, Leigh and I were born on the exact same day in January back in 1985? It's true. I'd always grown up hearing from my grandparents about their friends who have a granddaughter who was born the same day I was. And here we are, 25 years later, sharing her wedding together. She made such a beautiful bride.

GLC008b

Paparazzi!
GLC015b

GLC018b

Leigh's wedding was late in the evening, and the light was super.
GLC034b

GLC046b

Gorgeous girls.
GLC050b

Isn't she precious?
GLC058b

The men.
GLC082b

RINGS! First with flowers, and then with the crayons I borrowed from the flower girl.
GLC106b

GLC110b

We had some quiet moments before the ceremony for a few portraits with this delicious window light.
GLC117b

GLC118b

Melissa came to offer some back up during the ceremony and for the family & newlywed portraits. These next two are her shots.
GLC152b

GLC155b

And there is Melissa herself!
GLC450b

GLC162b

GLC190b

The sun was barely lingering in the sky when I finally got a few minutes with just Grant and Leigh alone. I had to move fast, but they're so sweet together, it was easy to get some great shots.
GLC235b

GLC249b

GLC257b

The awesome Rolls Royce!
GLC260b

GLC265b

GLC276b

Favorite. Love it.
GLC284b

GLC294b

Time for the reception! First dance, coming right up.
GLC295b

GLC304b

CAAAAAKE! Yum. My favorite.
GLC335b

I wonder if the photos on that camera are on Facebook...hmmm...
GLC371b

GLC379b

I can't decide which of the next two is my favorite.
GLC388b

GLC388b

GLC389b

GLC409b

I guess she had enough dancing.
GLC431b

GLC436b

And one final shot with the Shelbyville Courthouse in the background.
GLC449b

So there you have it. I'll get another blog up before I leave tomorrow, and although I'll be laptop-less, I'll do my best to blog from the West Coast. And then, when I get back, I'm pledging to blog everyday! Yikes!

No comments: