Falling for You

There is a video out there in the interwebs of a photographer who is shooting a wedding, and as he takes pictures of the couple coming back down the aisle, he's walking backwards and plunges into a fountain. His cameras, lenses, and who knows what else were completely drenched. I'm not putting a link up here to it because it makes me sick to think about it. I can understand how he fell; I'm always backing up without looking. One of my greatest fears (aside from a certain item that begins with the letter M), is falling down a flight of stairs. Needless to say, the combo of walking backwards and stairs makes my heart race a little with fear. So, imagine the panic I was about to go into when this photo was taken:
stairs

There are lots of pictures of me shooting that wind up on Facebook. Sometimes I'm doing some really crazy things to get the shot, but this more than ever should prove my dedication to my job. It's even making me a little nervous to look at it. I always want the best for my clients, and if it means walking backwards down a huge flight of stairs, so be it. Here are my favorites from Scott and Kristin's wedding at the Presbyterian Church, including the results of the image above. (Thank to Tammy for posting that photo on Facebook.)

Love these flowers on that chair.
SKA009b

SKA010b

Their 'first look.' I'm not sure I could ever describe how much better it is for brides and grooms to see each other before the ceremony rather than waiting.
SKA028b

SKA047b

Just look at her eyes, will you?
SKA055b

Geeze, stop being so gorgeous already, you're making the rest of us look bad!
IMG_0030cb

SKA062b

Here's one shot of the ladies from my precarious perch on the stairs.
SKA088b

Fellaaaaas.
SKA100b

SKA123b

A gust of wind came at just the right moment. Not only did it cool us off, but it carried Kristin's veil and train out in such a perfect way.
SKA127b

Scott & Krisitn, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
SKA150b

SKA158b

This shot also made me nervous. I just new that lock was going to snap shut and we would be scrambling to get the rings out before the ceremony. I may or may not have checked my phone to make sure the locksmith's number was still in there before I set this up.
SKA178b

Ceremony time!
SKA197b

SKA205b

SKA214b

Bubbles!
SKA235b

Aaaaaaaaaaand this is when Kristin & Scott turned into a prince & princess.
SKA246b

SKA249b

SKA258b

The afternoon light was to die for, so we took a few moments on the square before going to the reception.
SKA265b

SKA268b

Cake: one of my 4 basic food groups, along with El Mexico, Sushi, and Sonic Happy Hour.
SKA281b

SKA294b

Rachel, one of my brides from last summer, posed for a quick photo with Kristin.
SKA314b

And there you have it. A full wedding post, just like I promised. My H key is still being finicky, by the way, so if a word is randomly missing an H here or there, my apologies.

No comments: