Sail away with me

It rained yesterday. Not a whole lot, but enough to get the ground nice and wet. It was about time; our poor grass was starting to brown. Joshy has been watering the trees Granny gave us for Christmas, so they're surviving, but I'm sure they appreciated the rain too. It was nice to hear the drops hit the window in my office. At first, I wasn't sure what was going on. Then, once it dawned on me that the popping noise was rain, I got excited. There was a large part of me that wanted to abandon my work for the rest of the afternoon in exchange for curling up in my pjs under my heart blanket on the couch to watch out the front windows as the water came down. I could hear a romantic-comedy calling my name, begging me to be lazy and relax as the rain soaked in. So, I made the decision to give in to the darkness of the afternoon. But, just as I was getting to a stopping point with work, the rain stopped. The sun was out. It was over. Next time, Rain, you and I have a date on the couch. Come again soon, we need the break from the heat. Until then, I'll pretend that Logan is dreaming of rain, or perhaps the ocean, and sailing away beyond the horizon.

LH_NB51b

LH_NB10b

LH_NB13b

LH_NB14b

LH_NB23b

LH_NB29b

LH_NB35b

LH_NB40b

No comments: