Film Inspriation

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to attend the open house of the new facility for Nossi College of Art. Nossi, for those of you who don't know, is where I attended and graduated with a degree in photography. When I was a student, the college was located in a strip mall and spread out among three buildings. Now, they have a beautiful, brand spankin' new place to let the creative juices flow. I was excited to see all they had done to make it possible for students to grow and flourish in the creative fields of photography, videography, and graphic design. There was, however, a major absence from the building, which I personally found very disappointing: the dark room was gone. No more chemicals, no more negatives. No more film. It makes me a little sad to know that the next round of people will never know the disciplines of shooting and developing film. It's a dying art, but thanks to things like the Film Is Not Dead workshop, film is still alive and well. In a week, I'm heading to Park City, Utah to attend the FIND workshop hosted by Jonathan Canlas. I'll be there October 3-7, and I can't wait!

Speaking of October, it's going to be one craaazy month, but more on that later. For now, I wanted to share some folks who inspire me often. Several of them shoot film.

Kiss the Groom:
Kiss the Groom
So simple, so sweet.


Jonathan Canlas:
Jonathan Canlas
I can't wait to meet other film folks.


Poser
Poser

Jose Villa
Jose Villa

Jasmine Star
Jasmine Star
I'm as equally inspired by her writing as her photographs.


Jessica Claire
Jessica Claire
She invented the Shoot Sac!


Image is Found: Personal Blog
The Image is Found Persona
I attended their workshop back in March. I love their personal blog because it reminds me to take pictures of my own family.

What inspires you?

1 comment:

Devon said...

I wish I could meet you in Utah. You have no idea how much I wish I could go.