Hi Devon!

There are about a million stories I could tell you about Devon. Like the time we went to that church camp all by ourselves, and were too tired to scream when the mouse ran across the floor. Or that time we were sitting in her closet when the college recruiter called. Or that time we dated the same guy. Or when we went hiking in the Rockies (she tricked me). Or that time a decade ago in London when this happened:

P1040134c

If I sat here and told you all those stories, they wouldn't be funny to anyone but me and Devon (who I'm sure is cackling at that photo I just posted, just like I do every time I see it). And for every story I could tell, she could probably think of 3 more. We've been best friends for a long, long time. We're 100% opposite, so much that it's sometimes uncanny. The best thing about Devon is, no matter how long it's been since I saw her last, we pick right up where we left off. I know, I know...it's a cliche thing to say, but time and time again this has been proven. She's 2 years older than me, and when she left me for a college 7 hours away, it was tough. So I went to visit. And I visited again when she followed her boyfriend turned husband to Tampa. And again that summer she spent in Colorado. It's pretty much a standing promise that wherever she goes, I'll visit.

Right now, she's in Portland. Her husband, Chris, is an engineer and started a job out there in January. So, naturally, I headed that way the first chance I got, with my film camera in tow. I owed Devon & Chris some updated pictures; it had been 6 years since I last shot for them! I must say, it was rather nice shooting them in the evening; Canon Beach is one of their favorite places, and the scenery was breathtaking. Of course, the fact that Devon looks like a super model helps too.

So, here are my favorites. All on film, and all with no post processing. And Devon, since I know you're reading, I can't wait to visit again, wherever you might be next.
Northwest_Film014b

Northwest_Film018b

Northwest_Film020b

Northwest_Film025b

Northwest_Film026b

Northwest_Film031b

Northwest_Film034b

Northwest_Film050b

Northwest_Film053b

Northwest_Film054b

Northwest_Film055b

Northwest_Film057b

Northwest_Film058b

Northwest_Film062b

Northwest_Film063b

Northwest_Film064b

Northwest_Film065b

Northwest_Film066b

1 comment:

cyndi said...

LOVE the pics..... would love to have a print or two (love the one of them on the stairs, and the one with them facing each other on the side of the hill). What would a couple of 5x7's run?
Love ya