Highs and Lows, v7

Today is my Joshy's 25th birthday! We're having quite the birthday weekend while his parents are here. After breakfast at the Midway Diner, we're headed to Lynchburg to tour the Jack Daniels Distillery, then back to the Celebration for the finale show tonight. Naturally, as a Shelbyville native, I'd never miss the last Saturday night of the Celebration, but Joshy grew up in North Carolina, so the show hasn't been a major part of his childhood. The first time I took him, he just didn't get it, and pouted for a good part of the night because I was dragging him to this crazy place. This, of course, upset me at the time. Was I destined to spend the rest of my life choosing between going to the Show with a grumpy husband or going alone? This thought was made worse when I realized the last weekend of the Show would always interfere with his birthday weekend. Thank heavens he warmed up to it. Now, here it is his very own birthday and when I asked him what he wanted to do, what did he say to me? "Go to the Show! I can't miss the last Saturday night! Even if it is my birthday." I love my Joshy.

HIGHS
-Joshy turns 25 today! Happy Birthday!
-The Celebration tonight! The last class is always the most fun.
-On Wednesday of this week, after a few crazy texts, emails, and near-misses, I was somehow connected with a friend from high school, and she booked me for her wedding in Estes Park, COLORADO! OH EM GEE! I'm so stinkin' excited! I'm taking my sister with me to the destination wedding in October, and I could almost bust I'm so excited.
-As you saw in my last post, the guest bed and bath are complete. It's nice to have something finished.

LOWS
-This post pretty much says it all. I've felt like that alot this week.
-For some reason, I had a stuffy nose and sore throat for the better part of the week. I'm all better now, but I certainly felt yucky for a while.
-I'm still behind on my editing.
-Randomly, my hair dryer quit working in my bathroom. The plugs in the bathroom still work, and the hair dryer still works in other plugs, but I can't dry my hair in my bathroom in front of the mirror. Cue the bad hair-days. I blame my wonky inner electrical charge. Ask me about that sometime.

After doing Willa Kate's pictures exactly on her birthday, I thought it was a good idea. So, I grabbed a few of Joshy this morning. Isn't he a handsome 25 year old?

IMG_0064b

IMG_0081b

No comments: