Signing Shelby

Have you ever seen the movie "A Lot Like Love" with Amanda Peet and Ashton Kutcher? Yes, yes, I know Ashton can seem to be be a little bit of a prick, but none the less, I'm a fan of his. Not to mention Amanda Peet is just cute as a button. I watched it (again) the other day. I like the movie for several reasons, number one because Amanda Peet plays a character who becomes a photographer. The other reason I like it, which might be a little more on the less obvious side, is that Ashton Kutcher's brother is deaf, and there are several scenes in the movie where they sign. I went through a phase where I wanted to learn sign language and be an interpreter or something. The thing is, I don't know anyone who is deaf, so it was hard to practice, and eventually I moved on. It still excites me, though, when I see people signing; sometimes I can even pick up on a little bit, here and there. So, when Shelby told me she was interested in sign language, I knew just what to do.

For those who don't know their finger alphabet, it spells Shelby.
SF072b

She's a gal of many interests...we took a few at the dance studio.
SF011b

SF016b

SF018b

SF027b

SF033b

SF042b

She's also on the yearbook staff. That's one of her page designs.
SF054b

SF052b

SF078b

SF085b

This week is full of seniors, so stay tuned!

No comments: