Film Workshop, Day 2

I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open, yet here I am, blogging. Today was another great day in Utah. I started out my morning with breakfast at the workshop, and was simply spoiled by all the delicious food Jonathan's wife has been fixing for us. So yummy! After breakfast it was classroom time, and I've been soaking up info like a sponge. Time flew by, and before I knew it, lunch came along, but I decided to leave the group and spend my afternoon as a tourist with Devon in downtown Salt Lake City. We ate lunch on Main Street, then toured Temple Square and the Tabernacle...I'm always fascinated by the acoustics in that place. A little shopping finished up our afternoon, and I took Devon to the airport just in the nick of time for her flight back to Portland. I'm so glad she was able to meet me here for a quick visit. It was her first time to Utah, and I think she's a fan. Did you know this was my 3rd trip to Salt Lake City? I'm proud to say I was able to drive from Park City to Temple Square without directions, maps, or GPS, and only memory and instinct to guide us. I did get a little turned around trying to get to the airport from downtown, but that was quickly corrected and we made it. By the way, HUGE thanks to Bill from Richard Photo Lab...he treated us to drinks and dinner tonight. If nothing else, I'm eating very well while I'm here!

This house is amazing. Here are some workshoppers huddled around a computer.
P1040215cb

This picture cracks me up. The crazy person in blue is Jonathan.
P1040216cb

I love these trees! This was the view out the back porch. My pictures don't even do this place justice. It's gorgeous. Also, they have tumble weeds here. Just like in the movies!
P1040217cb

Fooooood.
P1040219cb

The beautiful drive from Park City to Salt Lake City.
P1040246cb

The Mormon Temple
P1040255cb

P1040258cb

This is inside the Tabernacle. The acoustics are so good, you can literally hear a pin drop. They demonstrate it, in fact. Amazing.
P1040261cb

Beautiful flowers in Temple Square.
P1040263cb

I'll try to do a better job of shooting the scenery to show you. It's simply breathtaking. Ok, I'm crashing.

2 comments:

Devon said...

I loved getting to meet you in Utah. I also love Utah. Utah, who knew?

erin said...

Those photos crack me up!! Our faces in that one with Jon sitting by the computer are great! Though I look like I am on "information overload". Great to meet you at FIND!