Night Owl

It's a little after 1:30 in the morning. I've been laying in bed since midnight, unable to fall asleep. I watched a little TV, I turned over and over, trying to find that comfy spot, and yet here I am, still wide awake. So, I got out of bed, and what do I do? Blog, naturally. I have a glass of chocolate milk to keep me company. I'm usually easily asleep at this point in the night, but today I made the mistake of taking a nap after my shoot. Was the nap glorious? Yes, of course. But I'm paying for it now. I have things to work on...pictures to edit, emails to answer...that sort of thing, but I doubt I'll be able to get any actual work done.

As I was trying to fall asleep, that Hoarders show was on TLC. It made me really want to throw something away. Anything. If I don't get sleepy soon, I might find myself filing papers. If only Target was open right now....I'd go buy some clear plastic tubs and organize. I'm looking forward to my off season for that very reason. I've already made a new system in my head for how I want to sort my client files, and I'm ready to put it in place. I've had the same system since I started my business in 2006, right down to using a fine point sharpie to label folders. It's a great system, but it's taking up too much space. I need to consolidate my archives. And so, my winter project awaits.

I realize this isn't the most thrilling blog post ever. It's just what's running through my head at 1:30 in the morning. I'll try to make it better with a few pictures. These are a few lingering film images from my Portland trip I haven't shared yet. Some of them I have posted already, but I love them so much I'm sharing again. Maybe this will tide me over until my new film comes back from the lab.

First a few from the Pike's Place Market in Seattle.
Northwest_Film068b

Northwest_Film071b

Northwest_Film073b

Northwest_Film075b

Northwest_Film078b

Northwest_Film080b

Northwest_Film081b

Northwest_Film083b

Northwest_Film085b

Northwest_Film086b

Northwest_Film088b

One of my favorites.
Northwest_Film090cb



And then some from Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia.
Northwest_Film092b

Northwest_Film093b

Northwest_Film094b

Northwest_Film095b

Northwest_Film097b

Northwest_Film096b

Another favorite. I have no idea who these people are, but I wish I could send them this photo.
Northwest_Film098b

Northwest_Film099b

My absolute favorite of the whole trip. I don't even remember taking it.
Northwest_Film103b

Northwest_Film104b

Northwest_Film106b

Northwest_Film108cb

Northwest_Film110b

Northwest_Film111b

Northwest_Film114b

Northwest_Film116b

Northwest_Film120b

Northwest_Film122b
So that's all my film from the great Northwest. It's now 2:23AM, and my eyelids are finally heavy. I hear Joshy snoring....

1 comment:

Devon said...

One of my favorite trips ever! Love the pictures.