Thanksgiving in NC

Joshy and I have so much to be thankful for this year...a warm house, great jobs, a snuggly kitty, and most importantly, loving friends and family. We are always surrounded by people who love and appreciate us, and there isn't anything more we could ask for.

Celebrating Thanksgiving this year has been a little different for us. Rather than stuffing ourselves silly at home with one set of grandparents for lunch, then with another for dinner, Joshy and I managed to squeeze in a quick trip to North Carolina. It's been a while since we've been able to do a holiday with his family, and I'm so glad it worked out. I'll admit, I'm missing my family and the food at the farm a little, but we've had a great visit here with Joshy's parents, grandparents, sisters and cousins. I managed to grab a few shots with the Toy camera.

We hardly ever get to visit with Joshy's twin sisters, so it's nice to have a chance to catch up with things in their lives. Jessica is on the left, Ashley in the middle.
P1040501cb

Joshy's uncle hosted us at their country club. Such variety at their buffet! Ostrich, anyone?
P1040494cb

The best thing about a buffet, of course....dessert!
P1040491cb

Here's the whole group of us.
P1040505cb

After lunch we headed to David & Cathy's for some Bingo. I believe Jessica won $28. Go Jess!
P1040508cb
Shortly after Bingo, I began to doze off. We're all packed up now, and just about to get in the car and hit the road...all 7 hours back home. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Have fun doing Black Friday shopping!!

No comments: