Wedding in Estes Park, Pt 1

It almost didn't happen. Amber emailed me for engagements, and although I was booked solid right up until the date of her wedding, I had her wedding day free...though it seemed we weren't going to be able to connect. Then my uncle Tracy tells me that his friend's son Raffe wanted to do engagement pictures on the farm. Tracy also told me that Raffe's wedding is in Colorado, and tried to schedule engagement pictures with me, but I was already booked. That's when it clicked...Amber and Raffe were a pair. I sent Amber another email back, and after a few quick emails and texts, the next thing I knew, I had a plane ticket to Denver.

I'm so glad we finally got connected, though it made for a hectic week for me. First, I flew home from Utah on Thursday, then I took Joshy to the airport on Friday so he could get to his cousin's wedding in Florida. Then Saturday I shot Drew & Courtney's wedding in Normandy before heading right back to the airport for our 5am flight Sunday morning. And Sunday afternoon, there I stood, in Estes Park shooting Raffe & Amber. I literally had a piece of paper I carried around with me to keep up with who was in what time zone at any given moment. It was crazy, and totally worth every minute.

Raffe & Amber had the most simple, sweet wedding. With a total of 6 guests, including their parents and siblings, they said "I do" on the shore of Lake Lilly in Estes Park, CO. Since I have about a million images to share, this post will be split into two.

First, some details around the bed & breakfast while they got ready. These first 4 are on film.
ARR001

ARR002

ARR003

ARR008

Rings! It's been a while since I posted a ring shot...
ARR012

ARR013

ARR014

ARR017

ARR018

ARR024

ARR025

More of Amber's gorgeousness on film.
ARR030

ARR034

ARR036

ARR037

ARR048

Amber's dad coming to see her. He was certainly proud.
ARR054

And there's the groom! Doesn't he look sharp?
ARR056

Oh hey, that's me!
ARR059

ARR066

Raffe & Amber hired this man and his old car to take them to and from the ceremony site. He was sweet, but I was certain that at any moment he might drive us right off the edge of the mountain!
ARR075

ARR076

Amber & her dad in the back of the classic car.
ARR077

ARR080

Walking down the "aisle."
ARR086

ARR094

ARR099

The whole wedding, guests & all, right here. On film.
ARR105

ARR109

ARR113

ARR120

ARR124

ARR134

ARR138

ARR140
Have you bought your ticket to Denver yet? No? Just wait until you see the rest...on the blog tomorrow.

No comments: