Gatlinburg Birthday Weekend

During my off season, Joshy and I usually take our vacation for the year. In '09 we went to Europe for a month. Last year we did a week long cruise to the Caribbean. This year is a little different...our big vacation of the year will actually be in the summer time. My whole family, along with the Parham family, is headed to Hawaii in June! Although June isn't the ideal time of year for me to take a vacation, we simply couldn't miss out. With the big trip of the year being this summer, it meant no big trip this winter, but we had to get away just for a little bit anyway. So, we hopped in the car for a mini-vacation in Gatlinburg.

It had been almost 9 years since my last trip to the Smokey Mountains, and Joshy had only ever been with his youth group, so even though it's so close to home, this was still something kinda new for us. We shopped a little, we went to a museum and an aquarium, we ate a LOT...it was a nice, lazy trip.

Of course no trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge is complete without a trip to the Dixie Stampede...
P1040738cb

...where they serve the most delicious soup sans silverware.
P1040736cb

We spent the first part of my birthday at the Ripley's Belive it or Not! Museum. I got a wax mold of my hand.
P1040744cb

P1040748bc

Then we spent most of our afternoon at the Ripley's Aquarium...easily the highlight of the trip.
P1040762cb

P1040767cb

P1040777cb

"I'm a PIR-AN-AH! In the AM-A-ZON!"

P1040788cb

P1040803cb

And to top it off, the most scrumptious meal at the Peddler Steakhouse.
P1040811cb

Happy birthday to me!
P1040820cb

Naturally, no trip anywhere is complete with out some Denny's. It's kinda our thing.
P1040717cb

No comments: