Highs & Lows, v24

Joshy and I are walking out the door...we're on our way to Gatlinburg! Not only is it my off season & thus our vacation time, but it is also my birthday weekend! Yay! It's been almost 9 years since I was in Gatlinburg last. I'm looking forward to the Ripply's Aquarium, the Dixie Stampede, and of course, Denny's. Let's be very clear on one thing: I will not be playing any mini-golf. No exceptions. Also- I'm not taking my laptop to Gatlinburg, so no blogs until Tuesday!

HIGHS
-SNOW! It's so, so gorgeous. I love seeing the snowmen, I love seeing footprints. Yes, it's very very cold, but I love it anyway. I'm so glad Tennessee got a week of snow.
-Slumber party with Devon! She's in TN to student teach, but thanks to the snow, she was out all week. So, like the old days, she came over to spend the night.
-Thanks to the FIND network, I've come across a medium format camera that's in my budget. I can't wait to shoot my first roll of film on it!

LOWS
-I have a bad cold. Runny nose, sore throat, the whole shebang. I'm sure it will pass soon, but right now I'm keeping the roll of toilet paper close.
-Icy roads. I love the snow, but I want it to stay off the roads.
-There was a social event for wedding vendors in Nashville this week, and I missed out. I could have gone, but thanks to my head cold plus the hour long drive there (and back), I just couldn't convince myself to go.

I avoided actually getting in the snow, but I did manage to grab this shot of our house with my Toy camera as we drove by one day.
P1040710b
See you on Tuesday!

No comments: