Trash the what?

I had a great time hanging out with the Ashley's Bride Guide team at last night's bridal workshop! If you're even thinking about getting engaged, or you're in the process of planning a wedding, I highly suggest you look into attending one of these workshops. I felt like taking notes, and I'm long done with the whole process! During the panel discussion, the term "trash the dress" was brought up, and I was glad to be on hand to answer questions about it, and I thought I'd share my answer here.

Really, "trash the dress" is a bad name for such an awesome thing. Basically, after the wedding is all said and done, brides will take their dress out for another session. It's a great chance to get some fun, out-of-the-box shots, and not have to worry with getting the dress dirty or wrinkled. Grooms sometimes join in on the fun too, like this session with Chris & Callie. Post wedding sessions also give brides a chance to try something a little different. For example, Sarah wore a cathedral length train and ballet flats on her wedding day, but for her post-wedding shoot, she brought super cute purple heels and a bird cage veil. I took these photos more than a year ago, but I realized I've never actually blogged more than a sneak peek! So, what better time than now...here's the ever gorgeous Sarah!

By the way, the dirt that you see on the edge of her dress was all from dancing at her reception!
SC_TTD016

SC_TTD024

SC_TTD033

SC_TTD035

SC_TTD045

SC_TTD049

SC_TTD056

SC_TTD059

SC_TTD068

SC_TTD075

SC_TTD079

SC_TTD081

SC_TTD087

SC_TTD092

SC_TTD104

SC_TTD115

SC_TTD116

SC_TTD121

SC_TTD132

SC_TTD143

SC_TTD149

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so I just saw this! That was an awesome day!! You're the best!!