Columbia, SC Engagements

Shawn & Amanda are having a destination wedding this August...in Nashville! Neither one of them have ever lived here before, but after a few trips to the city, they fell in love with it and decided to share Nashville's treasures with their family and friends. And when I say treasures, of course I mean the biscuits at the Loveless Barn. 

With Shawn & Amanda living out of town, however, their engagement session seemed like it might not happen. How exactly did we wind up in Columbia, SC? Well...first, Shawn & Amanda started out living in Pittsburgh, PA, but moved to Charlotte, NC before JoEllen and I visited there last August. Of course, my in-laws live in Charlotte, but we were barely there for 48 hours for Thanksgiving, and didn't make it there for Christmas. However, JoEllen and I planned a visit to Augusta, GA in February. So, since Columbia is about half way between Charlotte and Augusta, we were finally able to meet up for their engagement session in Columbia on a perfect Saturday afternoon. Confused? Yeah...me too. Just have a look at their pictures.
SA02E
Don't forget to click this link to see the rest!




SA11E

SA15E

SA20E

SA24E

SA26E

SA28E

SA34E

SA40E

SA42E

SA44E

SA46E

SA48E

SA55E

SA58E

SA61E

SA63E

3 comments:

Molly said...

These are really cute, they look so very happy! Great backdrops, too. But you can only really (kinda) see the ring in the last 2 shots you posted--is there a reason for the conspicuous absence of engagement pix that highlight the engagement ring?

Jenna Henderson said...

Hey Molly..no reason for the absence of highlighting the ring in engagement pics, other than I just get focused on faces!

Nancy said...

I think these photographs are just beautiful! I have been busy showing them to everyone I know. I think your choice of background is unexpected, yet stunning. I am particularly fond of the one with the bicycle. I find your composition unique as the backgrounds are depressed, yet the subjects are so happy - demonstrating that love does in fact, conquer all. I am happy that you focused on the faces. I've been focused on the bride's face since I first met her 27 years ago, on the day she was born.

Signed,
A Very Happy Mother-of-the-Bride