Sara Elizabeth, my sister

It was about 8:15am when the doorbell rang. I had already woken up and had a shower, but I'm usually not ready to function in society until 10am or later. I opened the door to find the large, loud nurse waiting, and she immediately began talking. Not a good sign. She was there to draw my blood so Joshy and I could get our life insurance; not only was it early, but there was about to be actual physical pain involved. We weren't starting off on the right foot. After she let herself into my living room, still talking, she noticed our wall of photos. "Oh, where was this taken? It looks really cold. Was it cold?" she asked without taking a breath. "Utah." I said. That many words aren't all necessary when it's early. "Is that Europe? I've never been there. Is it nice?" she continued. I may have grunted a few more one worded responses as she pointed to the various photos. Then, her eyes locked on the picture of my sister. It was a head shot I had done for her to submit the last time she was in a beauty pageant. "Oh! Who is this? Is she your sister? She is gorgeous. Gorgeous, I tell you!" I nodded. I know this...I can see that picture too. It is gorgeous. Then she turned to me, looked me in the eye and said as sincerely as possibly, "Don't you just hate it when all the good looks are heaped onto one person in the family?" Uh...thanks? After all that chatter, I was actually looking forward to having my arm pricked by a needle.

I will say, although she may have worded it wrongly, she had a point. My sister is beyond words. I was a little nervous for her senior sessions, because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do her justice. Did she get all the good looks? No, maybe not all. But most of them. She's so full of grace, charm, style, and she's a great athlete. On top of it all, she's incredible smart too...next year, Sara Eliz will be going to UTC for her degree in physical therapy. I'm about as proud of her as I could possibly be!

Congratulations on your graduation, little sister. I wish you only the best at college and the years to come. And, I hope today is the happiest birthday ever for you! I love you!

SaraEliz001


We did her senior session in two parts...first was on the farm where I also did senior pictures for our cousins. I've taken Sara's pictures on the farm many times before, so it seemed appropriate.
SaraEliz004

SaraEliz009

SaraEliz014

SaraEliz018

SaraEliz021

SaraEliz029

SaraEliz037

SaraEliz046

SaraEliz056

SaraEliz062

SaraEliz067

SaraEliz072

SaraEliz077

SaraEliz079

SaraEliz096

SaraEliz107

SaraEliz114

SaraEliz116

SaraEliz126

SaraEliz136

SaraEliz142

SaraEliz153

SaraEliz154

SaraEliz180

SaraEliz186

The second part of her session was in Colorado. I had a wedding there in October, and Joshy couldn't come with me, so Sara Elizabeth tagged along. We had an extra day after the wedding to do some shopping and some shooting in Boulder, CO.
SaraEliz197

SaraEliz204

SaraEliz214

SaraEliz216

SaraEliz224

SaraEliz229

SaraEliz233

SaraEliz238

SaraEliz247

SaraEliz250

SaraEliz259

SaraEliz263

SaraEliz268

SaraEliz275

SaraEliz283

SaraEliz285

No comments: