Brandon + Melanie = Married!

One of the most challenging aspects of my job is the weather. Specifically, the weather in Tennessee. It's kinda unpredictable, and when I have shoots scheduled in the afternoons and 'scattered showers' are in the forecast, it could mean anything. Take today for example: it was sunny and beautiful here in Deason, but as I got in my car to head to Franklin, the clouds darkened and the rains came down. Ugh...reschedule. A few weeks ago, I planned to shoot one place, and when I arrived it was pouring so much I couldn't see to drive. Yet, as I headed back home not 5 miles away it was sunny and dry as a bone...ergo, last minute location change. Oh, and when it's not raining, it's hot. When I say hot, of course I mean walk-out-side-and-sweat-immediately hot. I'm missing that cool Hawaiian breeze about now...

Luckily, the weather in Kentucky in May was agreeable for Brandon & Melanie's outdoor wedding...they didn't even have the cicadas to deal with. I did somehow manage to forget my sunscreen, but I guess a little (or a lot) of color never hurt anyone.

To start us off, a little bling....
BMS431

Prior to the wedding, I joined Brandon and Melanie as they got ready for a few shots.

BMS011

BMS014

BMS020

BMS026

BMS044

Then we arrived at the beautiful ceremony & reception location in Shelbyville, Kentucky.
BMS054

BMS059

BMS057

Brandon and Melanie decided to have a private meeting before the craziness started, and she arrived to their meeting place via golf cart. How fun!
BMS101

BMS108

BMS125

BMS129

BMS141

BMS143

BMS167

Love these colors.
BMS170

BMS204

Sweetest group of wedding kids...
BMS222

BMS235

BMS268

BMS282

Oh you know, just chillin' in my tux.
BMS292

BMS362

BMS381

BMS391

I ate some of this cake. It was as delicious as it looks.
BMS411

BMS450

BMS460

BMS484

BMS557

Time to dance!
BMS575

BMS582

BMS616

BMS712

BMS718

And after a quick change, they're off! Love LOVE the birdseed...it's my favorite way to send folks off.
BMS731

BMS743

BMS747
Brandon and Melanie, thanks so much for bringing me all the way to Kentucky for your wedding! It was a blast!

For the camera nerds...this was a mix of digital and film. I used my usual combo for the film: Fuji 160, Canon EOS3, and RPL.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Lovely pictures, on a lovely day of a lovely couple.

Mel said...

Yay! LOVE this!! Thanks again Jenna. We absolutely LOVE our pictures. :)