Hawaii

Do you ever have those days when you just don't feel like doing anything? I'm having one of those days today. For whatever reason, I can't get myself motivated to do the million things on my to-do list. Instead, I just want to curl up on the couch and watch Harry Potter. Mondays are usually great days for me to be in my office, checking things off that never-ending list, but it's just not happening today.

Since I've got to do something at least semi-productive, I'll share a few pictures from our Hawaii trip last month. That's accomplishing something, right?

So here they are...our first full day in Hawaii on the island of Oahu. Joshy and I had breakfast by the beach.
Hawaii017



Hawaii018

Hawaii021

Then we toured the Pearl Harbor Memorial with Mom, Dad, & SE.
Hawaii027

Hawaii031

Hawaii040

Hawaii055

Hawaii066

Did you know pineapple grows out of a bush? It's crazy looking. We saw lots of pineapple growing at the Dole Plantation.
Hawaii078

Hawaii091

Then we headed to Maui where we spent the next 9 days.


Hawaii110

Our hotel in the background.
Hawaii113

My favorite place...this outlook in Paia.
Hawaii140

Hawaii153

All 10 of us...Joshy, me, Sara, Mom, Dad, then Tyler, George, Luke, Jessica, & Laura Parham.
Hawaii172

Hawaii177

Um, yeah. It was windy. Thus the crazy person hair.
Hawaii183

Then a little pineapple gelato. Delish.
Hawaii199

Hawaii209

My favorite part of the whole trip was our helicopter tour!
Hawaii216

Hawaii222

First time ever on a helicopter. Definitely marked one off The List.
Hawaii223

It was breathtaking. I have no words.
Hawaii237

Hawaii243

Hawaii253

Yes, there is a Denny's on Maui. We found it and we ate there.
Hawaii259

A banyan tree. The one tree takes up an entire block.
Hawaii264

Hawaii274

We rented our own car one day and drove the infamous road to Hana. It was crazy curvy...a bazillion hairpin turns. Our average speed was 25mph.
Hawaii280

But the scenery was worth it!
Hawaii299

Hawaii316

Hawaii318

Snorkeling with the turtles. That water was cold!
Hawaii328

I don't like the taste of salt water, in case you're wondering why I have that look on my face.
Hawaii337

Back at Paia. We went back with Luke and Jessica for a photoshoot...those will come later.

Hawaii349

Hawaii352

Our last night in Maui and we all got dressed up for the luau.
Hawaii357

Hawaii362

Hawaii365

Hawaii368

Hawaii371

Hawaii374

With our leis at the luau.
Hawaii377

They cooked that pig in the ground. It was yummy.
Hawaii385

Such a neat thing to watch. The Hawaiians have a very rich culture.
Hawaii397

Once last visit to the beach. Yes, that's a dog surfing in the background.
Hawaii413

Aloha!
Hawaii430
And there you have it. Such a great trip. I will be posting Luke and Jessica's photoshoot (on film) soon.

No comments: