Baby makes 3

29
Tonight, Joshy and I are headed to Nashville for our "last supper." I've got my black dress and red heels set out, my hair is trimmed, eyebrows done, and (thanks to my sister) toe-nails painted. We're going out for a fancy dinner to soak in this one last week of us as a pair before we become a family of three. As excited as I am to finally meet Clark, there is a teeny bit of me that's a little sad. Joshy and I have been so happy as a pair for the past nearly 7 years, and I know this part of our lives is coming to an end. Things are about to change completely. Hopefully, this change will bring us to a new level of happy we just didn't know existed.

Overall, pregnancy has treated me extremely well. That might even be an understatement. I wasn't sick once...not a single day. The first few weeks I seemed to sleep more than I was awake, but that soon passed and I've felt pretty normal this entire time. Sure, I've had a few uncomfortable moments....mostly lower back pain after a wedding, but nothing I can't manage. I'm just so very thankful I was able to shoot a full season this fall. Clark was in my belly for a total of 14 weddings and who knows how many sessions. Also, I've been able to eat everything in sight and my total weight gain has been 9lbs. The doctor says that after I deliver I'll weigh less than I did when I started, and I'd say that makes me pretty lucky! Even with all this fabulous weight luck, surprisingly my favorite thing about pregnancy has been my sense of smell. As a normal person, I have almost no smelling abilities, but for the past 9 months I've been able to sniff the world around me. It never dawned on me that movie theatres smelled like popcorn! Hopefully this new found nose will stick around a while.

We head to the hospital bright and early Friday morning for a planned C-section. I'm not entirely thrilled that we have to go this route, but Clark is just too big, not to mention he hasn't dropped, I haven't dilated, and I've yet to have a single contraction. He's just not coming out unless we go in and get him. I am glad that we know ahead of time, rather than waiting to go into labor on my own, pushing for several hours, then having an emergency C-section. At least this way I can be as mentally prepared as possibly for major surgery and the recovery that follows.

I'll think I'm going to miss my belly a little bit...but I'll be glad to be able to sit comfortably at a restaurant booth again, or anywhere for that matter. I'm also looking forward to a little wine and a lot of sushi. It's been so much fun to feel Clark kicking and watch my belly roll around; I can only imagine how much more fun it will be to watch him once he's out! I plan to soak him up as much as possible. I know the next few months are going to fly by, and I'm very thankful to have work 100% wrapped up for the year. There is actually nothing on my to-do list whatsoever! You won't see too much of me at work for a while. I'll be taking photos of Clark of course, but for the most part, I'm unplugging until Valentine's Day. That doesn't mean you should quit stopping by here... I've already pre-scheduled blogs to post every 4 or 5 days through January and February. I had an awesome fall wedding season, and all those lovely photos will be automatically popping up soon.

So...If I had to use one word to sum up everything, it would be thankful. I'm thankful for an easy pregnancy and for all the showers and many, many gifts our generous friends and family sent our way. I'm thankful Joshy is going to be a stay-at-home dad, and that Clark is coming in the off-season. But mostly, I'm thankful for this little baby that's about to come into our lives. It was a very, very long road to get to this point, and it felt impossible for so long. I'm so incredibly grateful for it all.

Blog Panel

Before I sign off, I wanted to share a few maternity photos from when I was around 32 weeks. My friend Laura Reaux came all the way from Louisiana for our session. We decided to go to Lipscomb for our pictures; it's where Joshy and I met, and we wanted to show how far we've come. In this shot, we're holding the first photo we ever took together, which was made in early December of 2004, about 6 months before we got married.
07

11



14

02

24

25

28

05

We also had a 'bonus' session, thanks to my pal Joshua Gull (whose wife is also due any day now!). He's just starting to shoot film and used us for a little practice.
54020008

54010014

54020005

54020007

So...that's that. The next time I post, the population of the world will have increased by one sweet little superhero. Catch you on the flip side!

No comments: