It's a bird...It's a plane...It's a boy!

I promised myself I wouldn't be one of those moms. You know the type...they tweet about every nap time, post a picture of every outfit, and blog weekly updates about their precious newborn. And yet, here I sit. One week later and I'm posting pictures. There is just something so special about the first week...so many firsts are happening as we get to know our son. The first bath, first car ride, first time meeting his great-great grandmother. So we take pictures of every step, because he's changing and growing so fast. I'll admit, I've found the need to photograph him non stop, but I promise I won't bore you 24/7 with photos of my child. Today I just have a handful of Toy camera pics as well as some beautiful images Melissa took for us at the hospital. I'll have his official newborn photos soon...I didn't want to squish too many photos into one post.

Overall, this first week has been so much better than expected. I was worried about my recovery, and while I'm still not 100% (actually only about 75%, really), I've been able to pretty much do everything I wanted, aside from driving. And I feel so skinny! I'm already down to my pre-pregnancy weight, and I've had so much fun rediscovering my wardrobe. I'm pretty sure I could fit into my regular jeans, but my incision is still too sore to try. I've been able to have a shower everyday, and putting on real clothes has felt so amazing. Sure, my belly is a little floppier now, and between the strech marks and my new scar, it isn't the prettiest sight, but overall I love how I look, and there is even a little part of me that might want to go shopping.

Clark has been an easy baby. He's happy, healthy, and settling into our lives with great ease. The first few days were a little tough, but we've found our routine and things feel right. Clark is sleeping so well at night; he only wakes up to eat, which is only twice in the night. He cries when we change his diaper, but other than that, he hardly makes a peep. Joshy and I have been able to get plenty of sleep so far, and even a little time to ourselves everyday, which apparently isn't something that always comes easily to new parents. Yesterday, I spent most of my day in my office while Joshy did his stay-at-home dad duty.

Speaking of Joshy, can I brag on him for a minute? He's such a natural at this dad thing. I've yet to wash a bottle or do a load of laundry. He splits the diaper changing and feedings with me, and I don't even have to get out of bed at night because he takes care of it all.

Ok...enough chatter. Time for the pictures...First, a sneak peek of his newborn session...the rest will come very soon.
CTH_NB014


Here is a shot from our last supper. Sambuca was delicious! We enjoyed every second.
P1060022

Then it was time to check in! They told us to be there at 6am...we got there at 6:45. It's not like they would start without me.
P1060023c

Before we knew it, he was here. My first photo with my son. Such a special picture to me.
P1060038

And him with his daddy...apparently I took this one. It was all a blur, really.
P1060048

P1060055

P1060064

These next several are all by Melissa. I can't tell you how thankful I am she was there so that I didn't have to worry about getting pictures. She's amazing!
IMG_7384

IMG_7177

IMG_7178

IMG_7238_1

IMG_7269_1

IMG_7333

IMG_7406

IMG_7425

IMG_7436

Oh yeah, that's how I roll. Shooting film from the hospital bed.
IMG_7449_1

IMG_7459

IMG_7476

IMG_7513

IMG_7517

IMG_7532

I took this one too. Love these two people.
IMG_7571

IMG_7592

The next day, I was feeling much, much better. I had Joshy bring me some sushi. It was soooo yummy.
P1060098

Time to go home!
P1060102

Home with our baby boy finally. Isn't his outfit precious?
CTH-ComingHome03

CTH-ComingHome15

This melts my heart.
CTH-ComingHome08

The day after we came home we took Clark over to meet his great-great grandmother, Franny. Five generations!
CTH-MeetingGparents03

It was also his first time meeting his great-granddaddy.
CTH-MeetingGparents11

And now we're settling in, figuring out our new normal. So far, so good.
P1060160

P1060165

P1060170

Joshy on daddy duty, organizing laundry.
P1060199

And me at work. With my baby. It doesn't get too much better than this.
P1060201

I will do one more post of Clark...I have to share his official newborn photos, but I'm not finished with them. I forgot just how hard newborn sessions are, and even though he slept the entire time, I was exhausted and only got about half of what I planned. We'll finish on Monday.

9 comments:

Alexbeephoto said...

Clark has great great grandparents?? How blessed is he!! Glad you are doing well!

Cindy said...

Don't ever apologize for posting pictures of that sweet baby! Of course some of my favorites of him and your mom, I love her expressions!! And the one of SE at the nursery window...it's just beautiful! But my all time favorites are the ones of the 3 of you, so, so sweet. So keep them coming, you'll never hear me complain.

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Don't feel bad for posting about your little one. I promise you will end up forgetting some of the sweetest little moments if you don't write it down somewhere! Mommy brain is soooo much worse than pregnancy brain haha. Glad to hear you all are settling in nicely. I love all of these pictures!

Sherri said...

I love all the pictures, especially the one with Frannie and Linda. He is just beautiful. What a blessing.

Danielle McCann Photography said...

Oh it's so, so difficult to not be "that mom". Enjoy him... and know that we are all anticipating photos of him just as much as you want to post them! :)

Molly said...

YAY! So precious! If you ever use the words "bore you" and "pictures of my baby" in the same sentence again, we might have to smack you. Enjoy every minute! Glad you shared with us!

SherryNanaFrizzell said...

Jenna...he is absolutely beautiful. You sound as if you all are doing great. So proud for you all and like someone else said...babies are NEVER boring! Not much longer for us and we are so excited!

honeyclarck said...

Interesting post. I am glad to see this. I promise you will end up forgetting some of the sweetest little moments if you don't write it down somewhere! Mommy brain is so much worse than pregnancy brain.

Actual Tests said...

It is very special blog. The pictures are worth seeing. I would like to congratulate you on the birth of your baby.