Jerome & Serena- Pre Elopement Portraits

I try not to pick favorites...but if I had to pick a favorite shoot, this would be it. Or at least in my top 5. Jerome and Serena contacted me about a year ago to shoot their wedding. They had a date, but the rest of the details hadn't been filled in. I emailed Serena a time or two, but never heard anything back, and eventually forgot about them. Then several months later, Serena emails again. They've thrown their wedding out the window! Instead, she tells me the plan is for a 'just them' ceremony. Literally, only the two of them and the officiant. Even though there wasn't going to be a traditional wedding and reception, they still wanted to share with family and friends and have some photos to mark the occasion. So we planned a portrait session with her in a white dress and him in a suit. So. much. fun.

This session is one of my favorites for several reasons. First of all, Serena told me that she and Jerome were open to me trying new and different techniques. Then, they picked out an awesome, off the beaten path location- a liquor store to be exact-and were totally up for anything. Plus, just look at Serena! I love her style and her sassy glasses.

Obviously, I chose film for this session, but I deviated from my usual Fuji 160 for a little Delta 3200. The result are some super grainy, super awesome black and white images that I love and they love too. Of course, I did use my tried and true Fuji 160, and we managed to get a few 'normal' portraits for their moms, but for the most part I was able to stretch a little bit, and the results are stunning.

By the way, I've been dying to shoot an actual elopement...if you're considering it, PLEASE send me an email! I think we could get some great images for you.
Epstein001

Epstein021

Epstein006

Epstein019

Epstein004

Epstein013

Epstein010

Epstein029

Epstein034

Epstein035

Epstein042

Epstein043

Epstein045

Epstein047

Epstein049

Epstein051

Epstein053

Epstein061

Epstein063

Epstein067

Epstein070

Epstein074

Epstein076

Epstein077

Epstein079

Epstein081

Epstein084

Epstein089

Epstein092

Epstein098

Epstein101

Epstein105

Epstein111

Epstein115

Epstein117

Epstein121

Epstein128

Epstein130
To view the entire event, click here.

No comments: