The Wedding Guest

It doesn't happen very often. Usually, when a friend is getting married, I'm either shooting the wedding or I'm shooting someone else's the same day and can't attend as a guest. The last time I went to a wedding purely as a spectator was in August of 2009...and even then I somehow wound up holding a reflector for the photographer. So, when I realized my Saturday was free and I would be able to go to Jason & Maria's wedding as a guest, I was so excited! I immediately began to plan a shopping trip for a new outfit, complete with heels.

It was a pretty big night for me. My sister came home to babysit, and Clark stayed at my parents' house overnight for the first time. Joshy and I had no need to rush home, so we enjoyed the reception fully. The ceremony was simple and beautiful, and I didn't take a single picture. I'll admit: there were moments when I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin if I didn't get the shots I kept seeing. I guess it's a hard habit to break. However, it was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy the wedding with out the worries of a schedule. It really gave me a chance to step back for a minute and view a wedding from a different perspective. I need that from time to time. It was also great to see a ton of friends at the reception and actually look cute for once, instead of being my normal sweaty, harried mess.

Of course, I did bust out the Toy camera for a few photos...it's not often that Jennifer, Devon, and Michelle (Jason's sister) are all in the same room at once. Shout out to Sara Elizabeth for my outfit! She and I had a MAJOR post-pregnancy shopping trip, and she dressed me from head to toe. I felt like I was on my own personal episode of "What Not to Wear."
P1060324_1


Me and Joshy with the newlyweds! Don't they look stunning?
P1060329_1

Again, I resisted taking pictures most of the night, but I couldn't keep away from Michelle getting a dance with her brother.
P1060331_1

These people are very special to me...so glad I was there!
P1060337_1

1 comment:

Sherry Frizzell said...

Jenna...you look GREAT! Being a mom becomes you!