A new day

It happens about this time every year. Just as the weather starts to get nice outside, I begin to get an itch to get out and shoot. It's because I've had a chance to let my creative batteries recharge. Once Christmas rolls around every year, I'm pretty burned out. My wedding season is always heaviest in the fall, and after months of non-stop shooting, I'm just plain tired. But then comes winter. I shut myself in the house, I watch the ugly, cold days go by while I'm curled up on the couch, and I forget about work. This year I took the entire month of January completely off and fully enjoyed my time with our sweet newborn. But then the weather changes. The sun comes out, the trees begin to bloom, and my laziness turns into boredom. Sometimes, when that happens, I feel like I just have to photograph someone, or I'll explode. That day came a couple weeks ago. I was completely caught up on what little I had to work on, the weather was beautiful, and the baby was sleep. I wanted to shoot. I needed to shoot. And just as I was trying to figure out who would be in front of my lens, my friend Amber texted me to say hello. I immediately begged asked if I could come to her house and shoot a roll of film of her girls. And so out the door I went, feeling refreshed and ready to start the new season.
Schwartz02


Schwartz03

Schwartz06

Schwartz10

Schwartz14

Schwartz15

Schwartz18

Schwartz21

Schwartz22

Schwartz20

Schwartz24

Schwartz28

Schwartz29

Schwartz30

Schwartz32

Schwartz33

No comments: