April Fool's

It seems my cleverness when it comes to April Fool's jokes peaked when I was a sixth grader, and I haven't been able to think of anything to top my prank since. The night before April 1st, my twelve year old self tip-toed around in the dark and changed every single clock in the house to read two hours later. Every. Single. Clock....including the clock sitting on the side table next to my sleeping parents. The oven clock is what almost got me caught. It made loud beeps as I set the time forward, and my mom came down the steps to find me in the kitchen. "I was thirsty," I claimed when she asked what I was doing. The next morning, when my parents' alarm went off (don't worry, I set it to make sure they would wake up at the correct time...it was a school day after all), they went into a bit of a tizzy. Dad began rushing to get ready, and mom was about to dial her principal to tell him they'd be late when she flipped on the TV. The news was on and told the correct time. All the while, I had been laying in my bed, giggling at my mischievousness. Now of course something like that would never work; this was before cell phones never left our side. Ever since, I just haven't been able to think of anything else as original. I suppose I decided to quit while I was ahead. I mean, I realize that my clock-changing prank wasn't all that amazing in the first place...but it sure was funny to middle school me.

There's really no point to my story. So here's an unrelated picture of my boy right before he started to cry. I wonder what sort of pranks he'll pull one day? Happy April!
CTH_2_2012_28

No comments: