My first Mother's Day

This year I'm celebrating my first official Mother's Day. I say it's my first "official" because last year I was pregnant on Mother's Day, but Joshy and I were still keeping it to ourselves. It's been a nice, special moment to stop and think about this new role I've been playing for the past few months. Joshy spoiled me with some new earrings and sushi for dinner, and Clark and I snuggled on the couch pretty much all day.

If you live in Shelbyville and subscribe to the Times Gazette, the you might have already seen this, but I wanted to share it again. The only reason I have any confidence in my ability to be a mother is because I come from a long line of great mothers. With out Franny, Granny, and my Mom, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I know I will be able to be a good mother to Clark only because I've had such great examples of strong women to learn from my whole life. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
MothersDay01s

No comments: