Lifelong

I've been photographing Sarah for a long time. Our very first session together was way back in 2004 for her senior portraits. I was pretty new to this photography thing...in fact, the truth is I didn't have a clue. I didn't know an aperture from a shutter speed. The images were on film, mostly because digital hadn't become quite so main stream. Yet, Sarah had faith in me, and I managed to get a few good images for her around my grandparents' farm.
IMG956172
Then a few years later, she called me up for some pictures of just her. She had a few tattoos she wanted photographed, and although I'd never done such a thing, she once again had some faith, and we took a few more pictures. Then, in 2009, it was time for Sarah to walk down the aisle. By then, I had this photography thing figured out, and I was excited to be there to celebrate with her and her family as she and Jimmy said I do.

And then just a few weeks ago, it was Sarah on the phone again. Their baby boy was on his way, and it was time to take a few maternity pictures. So we headed on over to Arrington, and with film in my camera once more, we took more photos of yet another milestone in Sarah's life. Of course, our story doesn't end there. Last Saturday, I joined Jimmy and Sarah at the hospital when they welcomed their son Sawyer, and just yesterday, I did 5 day old Sawyer's newborn portraits. Those pictures and story will come later...for now, here are a few of my favorites of Sarah's maternity session.
SB17M
SB10M SB03M SB19M
In case you hadn't already figured it out, Sarah is pretty dedicated to having great pictures. Her dedication showed during their maternity session when she put on her wedding bands...and then couldn't get them off. No butter, baby oil, dental floss, or any other trick in the book would make them slip off. In the end, they had to be cut! At least they looked good in pictures, right?
SB23M SB24M SB42M SB46M SB50M SB53M

2 comments:

robyn L. said...

I love the story behind these photos! What a compliment to your talents and abilities that you have such a loyal client. And, about the rings--poor lady! I bought a set of fake wedding rings to wear when my fingers were too swollen by pregnancy to wear my real ones. :)

Molly said...

What a cool history!