Hannah's Arrival

I've been photographing babies for a while now, but something that's still a little new for me is photographing their arrival. Before having a baby of my own, I was pretty hesitant about it. It just seemed like such an intimate moment, and who would want someone intruding with a huge camera? But then I had Clark, and I knew what it was like to be on the other side. Melissa came to the hospital to shoot a few photos for me, and having those pictures is one of the best gifts. The whole day after Clark was born is a blur of sleepy, drugged memories. There were a few people that showed up in pictures that I don't even remember being there!

Since then, I've developed quite an interest in telling birth stories. Not only does it mean that new moms and dads can have beautiful photos of the very moment and day their sweet baby enters this world, it also means that no one else has to worry about taking the pictures. Instead, mom and dad and all the aunts, uncles, and grandparents that come to visit can just soak up the moment as its happening, instead of looking at it through a camera.

Meagan and Kyle asked me to come to the hospital for Hannah's birth, and I arrived just moments after she did. I photographed their wedding a few years ago, and I feel so blessed to be able to tell the story of the biggest days in the lives of those I photograph. Hannah is participating in my Baby's First Year package, so you'll get to see lots of her sweet face soon! Check back in a couple of days for her newborn session.
HMT_Hospital089
HMT_Hospital016 HMT_Hospital005 HMT_Hospital017 HMT_Hospital018 HMT_Hospital023 HMT_Hospital029 HMT_Hospital032 HMT_Hospital035 HMT_Hospital049 HMT_Hospital054 HMT_Hospital056 HMT_Hospital061 HMT_Hospital066 HMT_Hospital068 HMT_Hospital071 HMT_Hospital074 HMT_Hospital078 HMT_Hospital084 HMT_Hospital100 HMT_Hospital107 HMT_Hospital110 HMT_Hospital114 HMT_Hospital116 HMT_Hospital120 HMT_Hospital121 HMT_Hospital124

No comments: