The Backyard Series - May, June, July

Yesterday marked the beginning of quite a change in our household. As most of you know, up until now, Joshy has been a full time stay-at-home dad, taking care of Clark on a daily basis while I work in my office, go to meetings, and shoot. This was always our dream, and we've been so blessed that he's been able to stay at home with Clark for the past 18 months. Of course, this means we've been making some sacrifices financially...we've always lived on a strict budget, and with only one income, we've had to make that budget tighter. Unfortunately, a combo of things have put us in a position where we really need that second income. So, we made the tough call that Joshy needed to go back to work. He has started working at a small bookkeeping business here in Shelbyville, and we think it's going to be a great fit for him. We're sad, of course, that he can't continue to stay at home with Clark. It's going to be a tough transition for us all, not only for Joshy and Clark, but for me, as I will be watching Clark on Tuesdays and Thursdays, instead of working in my office; Clark goes to daycare (aka "school") the other three days of the week. Even though it will be rough at first, we still know this was the right move. Needless to say, this means I will be slightly less available on Tuesdays and Thursdays as I focus on Clark...even though my office is in our home, I have no plans to try to work with Clark around. I don't think its fair to him, me, or my clients for my attention to be split. Other than a slower response to emails and phone calls on Tuesdays and Thursdays, there shouldn't be much change for my clients.

And now, since I've talked about Clark so much, some more photos from my Backyard Series (Click here for January-March, and April in this series). All photos in this post (with the exception of 2) were photographed on film and scanned by FilmBox. Clark officially turned 18 months at the end of June. Clearly, we love stripes in our family.

May:
Clark_May2013_03_WEB Clark_May2013_06_WEB Clark_May2013_16_WEB Clark_May2013_20_WEB Clark_May2013_26_WEB Clark_May2013_28_WEB Clark_May2013_33_WEB
June:
Clark_June2013_25_WEB Clark_June2013_11_WEB Clark_June2013_08_WEB Clark_June2013_02_WEB
July:
Clark_18mo_04_WEB Clark_18mo_12_WEB Clark_18mo_14_WEB Clark_18mo_23_WEB Clark_18mo_25_WEB Clark_18mo_32_WEB Clark_18mo_45_WEB

No comments: