The Arrow Workshop - Photography Workshop for Beginning Professionals

Fear is something I've been dealing with quite a bit lately. The fear of failure, the fear of being judged, the fear of putting myself out there...these are all things that have been rotating through my brain. I have a major fear that what I'm attempting to do will fail completely and I'll fall flat on my face.

But like my Granny says, you can't win if you don't play.

So, I'm taking a huge leap of faith, and I'm offering my very first workshop! Teaching is something I've wanted to do for a long time. With both of my parents being life long educators, and my sister now on the education path, it's in my blood to want to teach. And I just happen to be pretty good at it. I've been quietly doing one-on-one mentor sessions for a few years, but now I'm ready to really put myself out there on a larger scale. The truth is, it scares the living daylights out of me. But, I'm starting to think that's a good thing.

I'm ready to help other photographers who are beginning their journey into the world of professional photography. From the outside, my job seems happy and fun and easy. The happy and fun part are true, but my job is anything but easy. Not only if photography itself a challenging, ever changing art form, but I'm not just a photographer; I'm a business owner. I have to deal with things like accounting, taxes, marketing, and tons of everyday vital business tasks that go unseen by the outside world. Even something as simple as selling a canvas print has countless decisions that go into it...from where will I purchase the canvas? How will it be edited, and with what program? How much will the client pay for it? What about sales tax? How will I deliver it?

I'll be the first to admit: I don't know everything. Not even close. But I have managed to run a profitable business that has been the main source of income for my family for the past 8 years, and I believe I can offer a great deal of guidance to a photographer who is just beginning their journey into the world of professional photography.

http://www.thearrowworkshop.com/


And so, I'm thrilled to announce The Arrow Workshop. When I was in the planning stages of the workshop, I knew I wanted to create something that would be a really great experience from start to finish, so I've made the workshop a retreat. Included with the workshop is not only 2 jam-packed days of instruction, awesome guest speakers, and shooting, but also 3 nights of lodging as well as breakfast, lunch, dinner (and dessert, of course) for the entire length of the workshop. We'll be staying at the quaint Petticoat Junction retreat house in Normandy, TN. I'll be bringing in some friends of mine to help me instruct, including my pal and mentor success story, Stacy Preston.

I also want to be able to offer each attendee my personal attention as much as possible, so I'm limiting this workshop to 8 spots...and 2 of those spots are already taken. At this workshop, I'll be an open book, and nothing is off limits when it comes to how I run my business or my life. All the info you need on the workshop can be found at The Arrow Workshop website. If you're considering attending, and you're just not sure, email me: jhendersonstudios@gmail.com or even give me a call (931-703-3016) and I'll be happy to speak with you and show you exactly what I can offer.

No comments: