It's now or never

This past weekend I hopped on a plane and flew clear across the country to Santa Barbara, California. I attended the first ever Photo Field Trip, which is basically summer camp for creative adults. To be more specific, it was a conference/workshop/retreat, geared toward photographers and artists looking for ways to better connect with their client, to find the "why" behind their work and business, to learn new shooting, editing, styling, and business techniques, and overall be inspired by genuine connections made with fellow creatives. For 3 days I was surrounded by over 300 totally hipster photographers, and the entire weekend was incredible.

(A handful of cell phone pics...I just sent the film off yesterday, so until that gets back to me, this is all I have to show.)

And it was nothing like I expected. I went hoping to learn about a new way to edit photos, or learn how to streamline my marketing. But what I really learned is that we all share a common fear: failure. We're afraid our ideas will fail, our business will fail, our dreams will fail, and that fear of failure sometimes is so overwhelming, it keeps us from putting ourselves out there. We don't want others to view us as failures, which is why we usually only post the happy stuff on facebook or instagram...ultimately saying, "Look how awesome I am!" But really, it's keeping us from being honest. We all have struggles. We all have successes, but we all also have failures. And that's ok. Sometimes social media has us so fooled that everybody but me has a great life, and I'm the only one who struggles. But after this weekend, after hearing just how many others are exactly like me when it comes to this fear of failure, I know I'm not alone.

I'm bringing this up, because recently I took a leap of faith to give something a try, and so far, it's not entirely succeeding. It's The Arrow Workshop. I've dreamed of teaching a workshop for a long time, and I've put in the work and time and effort to finally bring one to life, but I've only had 2 people commit; I have to have at least 5 to make it doable, but I was really hoping to have 8-10 attendees. As the date is drawing nearer, it's now crunch time. I've had lots of interest, but almost every time, I hear the same response: "I'd love to! But I just can't afford it right now."



And that sucks. Education is invaluable, especially when it comes to starting a business and making it profitable. Even after 8 years in business, I still know I have so much to learn, which is why I signed up for the Photo Field Trip in the first place. I want to offer a workshop to someone starting out, so I can share my years of experience and learning in order to help them start their journey. And I want that so bad, that I'm dropping the price of The Arrow Workshop. I've struggled with this, considering I think it's more than fairly priced, but I'm not ready to let this one fail just yet, so I'm going to do what it takes. I've listened to what you've had to say, and now The Arrow Workshop is $695. Yep, that's it...a full $1000 less than what I originally priced it. It still includes 3 nights lodging, and it still includes all 8 meals you'll have during the course of the workshop. It still also includes all the goodies and extras I've planned, as well as a couple of live shoots and guest speakers, plus one on one personal time with just me and you, figuring out exactly what your path needs to be. I'll even personally photograph each attendee, so you have some great images of yourself for marketing materials.

You have absolutely no excuse now. Seriously. You can afford this. In fact, you can't afford NOT to do this.

When you're ready to sign up, email me: jhendersonstudios@gmail.com or call me: 931-703-3016 so we can get the ball rolling. All the info you need about the when, where, and how can be found here. I'll be waiting for your call.

No comments: