Here's to a new year and a fresh blog start

A New Year always inspires me to re-evaluate my priorities. As a small business owner, I wear an awful lot of hats: photographer, bookkeeper, receptionist, ad director, salesperson, and even sometimes therapist. You name it and I do it, which means it takes constant effort to balance family time and my professional life. 

But what if one of those necessary hats just doesn't fit me very well? That's what it's like for me and my social media. I like the idea of it. I realize it's necessary. I want to engage with clients, potential clients, fellow photographers, and other creatives, and get my work out there, but I just don't love it ... it just doesn't fit my schedule and priorities professionally, and personally. It takes up too much brain space.  

What I do really love is working one-on-one with my clients. From engagement sessions to weddings, I get excited about being a part of the biggest day in a person's life. And then, it's even more exciting when my couples come back to me a few years later as their family expands. My ultimate goal is to see the images we create together displayed in your home in a way that brings you joy and pride each day. This is when I feel as if I'm making a positive difference. This is why I do what I do.  

Everybody gets the same 24 hours in each day. Knowing this truth, I've decided it's time to delegate. Beginning this month, I've hired a digital and social media professional. She'll help with my blog, Instagram, and Facebook. This means that all these gorgeous images we've been creating together over the past 18 or so months will finally be seen, and that makes my heart happy. Cheers to the New Year!

And now some pictures of my super cute kid. He was three and a half when we did these pictures back in the summer on the farm, and now he's four. How did I wind up with a four year old so fast? If you've got a kiddo growing too fast, email me and we'll plan a session for you too.

Jenna Henderson is a timeless, fresh wedding photographer working in and around Nashville, Tennessee. She uses a mixture of film and digital photography for her weddings and engagement sessions, giving clients an exquisite collection of photos with genuine, photojournalistic storytelling. Nashville wedding photographer, Nashville engagement photographer, Nashville baby photographer, Nashville family photographer.

No comments: