Sewanee Engagement Session - Daniel & Hannah


Hands down, my favorite time of day to shoot is in the evening, that "golden hour" time just before sunset when the natural light floods my lens just perfectly. Light at that time of the day feels soft, warm, multi-dimensional … honestly, it brings an element of magic with it. That is what it was like last September at the University of the South in Sewanee when I shot this engagement session for Daniel and Hannah. The campus overlooks the Tennessee Valley on the Cumberland Plateau and Travel and Leisure named it one of the most beautiful college campuses in the United States. It served as a perfect backdrop. We met there because it sits halfway between my home office in near Nashville and their hometown of Chattanooga. It offered plenty of interesting backgrounds -- from buildings made of local stone with arched Gothic doorways to a grass-lined quad bursting with still green trees and even a bright pink Azalea. I shot the session using my Hasselbald H1 with Portra 400 film. I prefer this film because it produces gorgeous, natural skin tones. It’s perfect for portrait sessions. To learn more about some of my favorite places to shoot in and around Nashville, follow my Facebook page.

Jenna Henderson is a timeless, fresh wedding photographer working in and around Nashville, Tennessee. She uses a mixture of film and digital photography for her weddings and engagement sessions, giving clients an exquisite collection of photos with genuine, photojournalistic storytelling. Nashville wedding photographer, Nashville engagement photographer, Nashville baby photographer, Nashville family photographer.

No comments: