Tennessee Film Photographer - Family Wedding on Vannatta Farms

All weddings are special. But there's just something about a family wedding on sacred ground that really makes it memorable. That's what happened the day my cousin Drew married his love Haley on our family's century old farm. We all live close by, and Drew helps farm the land, so, the setting felt perfect for them.

Not only did I shoot the wedding, but my mom and I also helped with the decor. We used cotton, just as we did at my sister's wedding. It's another subtle tribute to my late Granddaddy-- or GrandBobby as he is sometimes called -- who farmed cotton throughout his life. 

It was a simple, no fuss affair ... honest and genuine, just like the two people married there that day. The couple opted for a small, intimate wedding with just 40 family members attending. Haley walked around in bare feet as Drew wore shorts in the July heat and grinned from ear-to-ear. After the ceremony, other guests showed up for a sunset reception. As the sun sank into the sky, a perfect V for Vannatta formed over the farm and I couldn't help but think it was my Granddaddy watching over all of us. 

Jenna Henderson is a timeless, fresh wedding photographer working in and around Nashville, Tennessee. She uses a mixture of film and digital photography for her weddings and engagement sessions, giving clients an exquisite collection of photos with genuine, photojournalistic storytelling.

No comments: