Murfreesboro Wedding Photographer - Sara & Stephen at Samary Plantation

It's a Thursday evening in November and my sister's longtime boyfriend calls her on the phone to say he'd accepted a job position too good to turn down. The catch? It's in Lincoln, Nebraska ... a full 800 miles away from home, and he starts in a month. It's time to start making some decisions, and fast! They already knew they were marriage bound, but we all figured it would happen sometime in the spring. Instead, they picked 12-13-14, a Saturday that was a mere 24 days away.

So, we got to work. The very next morning, I called every possible venue I knew of that would fit into the rustic style of Sara Elizabeth and Stephen. Most were booked already, but lucky for us, Samary Plantation still had an opening. So, I told them we'd take it. That same day about noon, my mom took the book of invitations to my sister at her work, and she picked one. By 3 p.m. on Friday, the invitations were ordered with the address of the site-unseen venue printed on them ... talk about trust! Saturday morning, we went to Bridal Warehouse and bought a dress. Saturday afternoon, we made a visit to the venue and worked out the details. On Sunday, As You Like It catering and florist Jessica Davis of SOULflowers were booked. By Monday, we had Southern Events lined up to take care of the rentals, and a cake from Mouth of the South booked. By Tuesday evening, the invitations were in the mail to the 115 guests. In a matter of days, we had the majority of the wedding booked, and from then on, it was just the little things ... collecting magnolia branches and cedar for decor, borrowing lanterns from friends, finding the most precious bow tie for my son to wear as ring bearer. And a dress for me.

That's right, I photographed my sister's wedding and I was her maid of honor ... something that was only made possible by the great assistance of Gabby from ButtonBug Photography. (Some of the images below are her work.) And I got to do it all in a dress with pockets! It's become one of my favorite dresses that I wear often.

As a surprise for my sister, I had Designs in Paper create a custom infographic detailing fun facts about their new home in Lincoln. They were a hit with family as we all learned about the far away place the newlyweds would be calling home.

Their wedding was over a year ago, but the wintry, rustic details are still so fresh in my brain. My favorite detail of the whole day was the cotton that was nestled among the cedar and magnolia. It added such a great touch; the perfect nod to our southern farming heritage. It was a whirlwind planning it in three weeks, but worth it for my sister to have the perfect wedding day. You can take a look at the feature Bridal Musings published about it here. Having a short engagement as well? I still have dates available for 2016. Contact me now to see if I have your date open!
Jenna Henderson is a timeless, fresh wedding photographer working in and around Nashville, Tennessee. She uses a mixture of film and digital photography for her weddings and engagement sessions, giving clients an exquisite collection of photos with genuine, photojournalistic storytelling. Nashville wedding photographer, Nashville engagement photographer, Nashville baby photographer, Nashville family photographer.

No comments: