Published - "A Summer Fete" as seen in Southeastern Bride

In my high school year book, a young, sweet teacher wrote "I can't wait to see your name published." Wow. What a daunting expectation to set upon a soon-to-be graduate! Published? Me?  At the time, I thought that meant I had to write a best-selling novel along the lines of the Twilight series. At the time I had no idea that I would indeed have my name published, but it would be for my work with the camera instead of the pen.


 Sure, this isn't my first publication ... I've appeared all over the web in all kinds of features for wedding blogs. And I've had a few things show up in print as well. This, however, is the very first time I've ever created work specifically for my very own editorial spread in a national magazine. I'm very proud to share my images as seen in book two of The Southeastern Bride.

Of course, the timing wasn't perfect ... I got the email for the spread just a few short weeks before delivering Oliver, with the print deadline just a few short weeks after he was born. Lucky for me, I have incredible vendor friends, and I handed the creative reigns to Cedarwood. They took my vision and made it come to life! You can take a look at more images on the Southeastern Bride blog.

I can't begin to thank this creative team enough: Venue, Planning, Floral, & Design: Cedarwood Weddings  |  Rentals: Liberty Party Rentals  |  Paper Goods: Designs in Paper  |  Cake: Patty Cakes  | Bridal Store: White Dresses  |  Gown Designer: Hayley Paige  |  Headpiece: Toni Federici  | Hair  Make-Up: Locks by Leslie  | Film Lab: Richard Photo Lab.

Take a look at our "perfect summer ceremony set to the tone of pineapples, pinstripes, & popsicles."

No comments: